192.168.0.1 Default Gateway
Similar to 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1 is the default gateway for routers. As we know, 192.168.1.1 is the common default gateway for many routers but some routers such as D-Link, TP-link and Netgear use 192.168.0.1 as their default gateway.
This router gateway is a private IPv4, Class C IP Address and can be used by a home or office router to setup the default gateway. In a private network, there should just one piece of equipment that uses 192.168.0.1 to keep address conflicts.
192.168.0.1 is the Default IP Address that lets you access the management console of routers like D-Link, TP-Link an Netgear.
How to login to 192.168.0.1
To access the admin dashboard of your router:
- Open your browser and type http://192.168.0.1 into your browser’s address bar.
- Once you type the above address in your browser and hit enter, a pop-up window will appear asking the username and password for your router. If you don’t know the default username and password for your router, you can them in our list of default username and password for different routers.
- Type the username and password and you will be redirected to the admin dashboard of your router where you can change all kinds of setting for your router like IP allocation, DNS, Qos, routing, change password and many more.
Unable to Access 192.168.0.1? Follow this process.
If you found an error while attempting to access 192.168.0.1, make sure your router’s IP address is 192.168.0.1. Many people type 192.168.O.1 or 192.168.0.l which is totally wrong. If you are typing the right address but doesn’t work, turn off any firewall or antivirus running in background, clear your browser’s cache and try again. You can also switch to a different browser if it doesn’t work for you.
How to change router password?
Want to change your router’s password? Follow the step by step process given below
- Go to your router’s configuration homepage by typing 192.168.0.1 into the browser’s address bar.
- Enter the old username and password when asked the router’s admin dashboard will appear when you type user name and password and click login button.
- Find the administrative tab from the menu, click Change Password and type the new password twice on the interface.
- Click save/apply to save changes.
How to Setup your Router for the First Time?
If you are setting up your router for the very first time, take a look at simple and easy steps given below to set up your router.
Step 1: Turn on your router and connect your PC to your router via LAN cable.
Step 2: open your browser and type 192.168.0.1 in the browser’s address bar. You’ll see a pop-op screen which asks for username and password.
Step 3: Enter the default username and password written on the router (back side of the router). Most probably your user name and passwords are admin (type admin in both user name and password field).
Step 4: Now, reboot your router and set the SSID (network name for your router which will be shown to other devices).
Step 5: Now, you need to setup a new password because the default password is common and known to every people. Step up a new password using above method.
Step 6: Click Next and reboot your router to apply change.
That’s it! You have successfully installed your router. Now you can search for your network SSID with your PC/Phone, enter the password and your device will be connected. Now, you can access your router’s internet connection using your laptop/phone.